Starter battery location

  • Martin Proudfoot
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2009

      I am interested in replacing my old outboard with an electric start model -- maybe a Yamaha 8 or 9.9 high thrust.  I appeciate comments by dellandanpries in August, 2007, on this site in regard to "Outboard Replacement".  I want to have a separate starter battery.  The question is where to put it.  I have a 1990 C26 and the house battery is located under the sink in the head on the port side.  The boat has a slight list to port, and I am thinking that I might move both batteries to starboard to minimize the list.  I wonder if both batteries will fit next the icebox in the galley.

      Does anyone have any comments or experience in regard to this issue?

      Does anyone have any experience with power tilt on an 8 or 9.9 hp outboard? Any other comments on outboard motors?

      Thanks in advance for your response.

      Martin

      Yah-ta-hey

      C26 #43

    • Jim Long
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2009

        Both of my house batteries are in a cabinet aft of the pilot berth.  IF you do not have a cut out there, there is a ton of space behind the aft most wall for batteries.