Rental vehicle to tow a Capri 26

  • allenhouse4@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2009
      Does anyone know who would rent out a vehicle to tow a Capri 26? I saw that someone posted that they used a UHaul but I was under the impression that most rental companies specifically state that you CAN'T tow anything such as a boat... We are still looking for a boat but the problem of finding a rental vehicle to tow one possibly from several states away is becoming quite a hurdle. Finding one with a roadworthy trailer is another requirement that narrows the choices.
    • splets@cox.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2009
        FYI. My Capri loaded for vacation weighs in right at 8000lbs.

        From: "allenhouse4@..."
        Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:17:46 -0000
        To: <capri26@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [capri26] Rental vehicle to tow a Capri 26

      • Artstree@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2009
          I once towed my Starwind 223 with a Uhaul moving truck and that was a big mistake. The cable broke and the boat shifted on the trailer and sprung the whole thing. I was luck to limp in to our new home town and then get a new trailer thanks to the boat insurance company. You can not see what is going on behind the moving van.

          I would contact Ryder or Penski. They both should have 3/4 ton trucks that you could rent. I do not think they would have any towing restrictions.

          Since I have a 2005 Capri trailer and a newer 3/4 ton truck maybe I should go into the Capri 26 moving business.
          Art Harden
          CCSA Commodore
          Sea Belle - Capri 26 ~#151
          937.885.9380 (o)
          937.477.5544 (m)

          Does anyone know who would rent out a vehicle to tow a Capri 26? I saw that someone posted that they used a UHaul but I was under the impression that most rental companies specifically state that you CAN'T tow anything such as a boat... We are still looking for a boat but the problem of finding a rental vehicle to tow one possibly from several states away is becoming quite a hurdle. Finding one with a roadworthy trailer is another requirement that narrows the choices.

        • Bruce Spletstoser
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 11, 2009
            Yes you should go into business.  A guy in Utah just paid $4000.00 to have a Capri moved from Texas to Utah.  I found him on Craigslist wanting to rent a trailer, but he made other arrangements I got to him too late.