RE: [capri26] Engine compartment Blower

  • Len Cole
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 24, 2009

    Re:         Blower Switch and Oil Pressure Buzzer.

    I called Seaward Products at (new area code)  562-699-7997 and asked about the switch.  The fellow said it is about a $2.00 switch but they have a $20.00 minimum on an order.  I asked about warrantee on a 1992 switch and he laughed, sort of.  If several folks want to combine an order to reach the $20.00 minimum at Seaward that would work also. But I have ordered the switch through the digi-Key as mentioned by Art Harden.  I have attached the invoice if others want to view it for costs.  I ordered 2 switches.

    While speaking with Seaward I inquired about replacement buzzers for low oil pressure.  They no longer make the same board but have a low oil pressure buzzer for about $25.00. He pointed out that “most Catalina Boats” have low oil and high coolant temp lights but in the same breath he said that I’d have to replace the thermostat housing to allow installation of a high coolant temp switch.  I know that my thermostat housing is the original without a high temp switch. I am going to look around for a replacement off-the-shelf buzzer.

    Len Cole

    “Wild Hare”

    Sail Number 258

    From: Artstree@...