keel

  • mickeyfinnpopeye
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 11:13 AM
      Has anyone ever changed a fin keel for a wing keel? Chautauqua Lake is
      a great sailing lake but the depth at the docks is shallow. I'm afraid
      that 2" below my fin keel is not going to cut it this year!! Anyone
      want to trade? How does the wing compare in sailing ability to the fin?
      Any help or thoughts?

      Ken
      Mickey Finn #200
    • Bob White
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 8:29 PM
        No, but I have the wing version.  No problems but I hear they race better if they are fins.  Faster hull speed.

        I am on Grand Lake so no depth problems for me.

        Bob White