Re: [capri26] Raw Water Intake

  • Unkel@fuse.net
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31 12:22 PM
      Joe;
      Since you launch using your trailer, I wouldn't even consider trying this in the water. What's wrong with your valve?

      Bob Unkel

      Sent from my iPod

      On May 30, 2009, at 10:27 PM, "joebakes" <joebakes@...> wrote:

      Has anyone replaced their engine raw water ball valve? Catalina Direct sells a 3/4" valve that they say goes on most Catalina's but I'm not sure about the Capri. Also, any thoughts on replacing the valve with the boat in the water? It looks like an easy job that could go bad in a hurry.

      Thanks for your help.

      Joe Bakes
      Vela
      Hull 293

    • joebakes@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
        Thanks Art & Bob for your help.
        I need to replace the ball valve because the stem of the handle snapped off where it connects to the ball. The expansion plugs are a great idea. I’m going to replace the cork plugs I have in my toolbox with them. As much as I hate to do it, I’ve decided to pull my boat out to make the repair. Better safe than sorry.

        Joe

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
          I agree better safe than sorry

          Art Harden