replacing window

  • mkinnunen1957
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2009
      Hello All,

      The window, port -- off the head, is cracked and leaking. Anybody know a source for a replacement?

      Mary and Jeff
      Revision
    • dellandanpries
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2009
        Ours leaked, but was not broken. fixed with sealant and adjustment to installation. But I recall that there were replacement options either through Catalina Direct, or West Marine catalog. Also, I have contacted Catalina factory service staff once or twice with now our Capri 26 and previously other Catalina boats and found the factory very helpful. In fact for me, this support from the manufacturer is one reason I am a loyal Catalina brand owner. We started with O'Days and liked the boats, but where is the parts or service support. Here ends the sermon, anyway, while the 26 is no longer produced I found factory staff were very familiar with all details of the boat. In one case even sending me a paper template to make my own part. My suggestion is contact Catalina for specifics as to port model and perhaps a direct replacement is available.

        Dan

        --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "mkinnunen1957" <iceout@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > The window, port -- off the head, is cracked and leaking. Anybody know a source for a replacement?
        >
        > Mary and Jeff
        > Revision

      • Richard Lamb
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2009
          --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "dellandanpries" <dpries@...> wrote:

          > Ours leaked, but was not broken. fixed with sealant and adjustment to installation. But I recall that there were replacement options either through Catalina Direct, or West Marine catalog. Also, I have contacted Catalina factory service staff once or twice with now our Capri 26 and previously other Catalina boats and found the factory very helpful. In fact for me, this support from the manufacturer is one reason I am a loyal Catalina brand owner. We started with O'Days and liked the boats, but where is the parts or service support. Here ends the sermon, anyway, while the 26 is no longer produced I found factory staff were very familiar with all details of the boat. In one case even sending me a paper template to make my own part. My suggestion is contact Catalina for specifics as to port model and perhaps a direct replacement is available.
          >
          > Dan

          Hi Gang!

          Just bought my boat today ( Friday).

          Have you seen the Catalina drawings for the suggested window replacement tool? It's a wood thing that holds the windows
          in place (curved) while the plastic gets used to the new shape
          and the sealant cures.

          I have the drawings from the Capri 25 setup. The 26 would be similar with minor dimensional changes to match.

          Richard Lamb