Re: [capri26] Replacement Crowns (Jaws) for the 1991 Lewmar 16 Winches (1speed ST)

  • Gary Pack
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2013
      Re: [capri26] Replacement Crowns (Jaws) for the 1991 Lewmar 16 Winches (1speed ST) Jeff, I found some parts for my winches at p2Marine.  You might check with them if you haven’t already.

      http://www.p2marine.com/sailing-gear/lewmar/lewmar-winch-parts.shtml?gclid=CM6Alu-e6q4CFS1a7AodOEvFJA

      Gary Pack
      Breezin’ Bye

      On 9/11/13 1:18 PM, "boatman26capri" <boatman26capri@...> wrote:

      Our C26 #168 is sure a needy girl despite the many hours and dollars spent on her resurrection. She has cleaned up nicely but years of neglect are hard to make up for... The cockpit winches have worn out crowns (jaws), and wouldn't ya know they are obsolete and no parts available! Don't really want to spring the $600 apiece for the 2 cockpit winches. Does anybody out there know where a person could score some parts? (upper crown part #15000456, lower crown part #15000455) I have already searched this site and spent hours digging through the internet with no reward. Thank you for your time.
      M/M Jeff Bruffett
      S/V Summer Breeze

    • mickeyfinnpopeye