RE: [capri26] Vent hose.

  • David Munson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2013

      I also had a hose that was under the floor that was rotten..   I pulled it out and poured bleach on the rest.  Took a long time to get rid of the stink.

      David L. Munson

      MadMan

      From: "pierced8760" <pierced@...>

      Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:39:24 -0000

      Subject: [capri26] Vent hose.

      Does anyone know the size of the holding tank vent hose. Replaced everything but that and still smells. My last hope is that hose or it is plugged. Thanks Dwight #67

    • abudhabidu
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 10 6:50 PM
        Hi,
        Can you explain this a bit more:

        then the Jacob valve may be sticking open. It should be cleaned and lubricated every season.

        What do you use for lubrication, how do you tell if its sticking open?

        I am a neophyte in the head maintenance department.

        Thanks
        Scott

        --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, Artstree@... wrote:

        > There are a couple of things that may be creating the smell.
        > * Leave a little water in the bottom of the bowl for a water seal. If
        > the smell dissipates then the Jacob valve may be sticking open. It should
        > be cleaned and lubricated every season.
        > * While you have the pump apart check the piston cylinder very
        > carefully for any hairline cracks. I left some residual clean water in the pump
        > over one winter and it created a hairline crack. It took me a while to find
        > it. After that, I pumped antifreeze through the entire system and not just
        > down the bowl.
        > * As David mentioned another possibility is the tank itself.
        > Keep us posted on the ultimate cause.
        >
        > Art Harden
        > Sea Belle Capri 26 #151
        > 937.885.9380 (o)
        > 937.477.5544 (m)

      • Dwight Pierce
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 11 4:09 AM
          My vent hose fitting was completely plugged so I cleaned it and replaced the hose, everything is new now except the tank. Still smells so the tank will go this winter. Catalina direct told me the original tank is 3/16 thick and new ones are 3/8 to keep the smell from permeating.

          Sent from my iPhone