Re: [capri26] Temptress is on Sailing Texas

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 12 , May 20, 2013
      On 5/20/2013 9:19 AM, Travis Jennings wrote:
      I kind of know how you feel.  A couple of weeks ago someone from my marina approached me to tell me they needed to sell their 2005 Catalina 28 MK II and wanted to know if I would be interested.  And I think my response was like “Are you kidding?  Heck ya!”.  So I emailed a couple of people that have expressed interest in the past in my Capri 26 and I got the same response from one of them.  Saturday morning they set an appointment with me to look at the boat Sunday afternoon.  Although at first I was excited about the upgrade prospect, I spent all day Saturday feeling like I was contemplating filing divorce against my boat or something.

      I’m ASA104 certified.  What is ASA102?  I just looked at the site and don’t see that Standard there either?
      http://www.asa.com/lts-asa-standards-summary.html

      Travis
      Mari Sol, #176
      Arlington, TX

      101 is beginning Keel boat.
      102 is second part - intermediate Keel boat.  But no certification involved.

      102 level students are eligible for the school's Alumnus Sail on Sunday afternoon.
      Can take passengers.
      At least that's the way our school works.

      http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/