Wedded Bliss

  • Mark Miller and M'lou Brubaker
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9, 2013
      Dwight,
          Congrats on getting hitched and your new sailboat. My boat is still in my yard. The lakes are still frozen up here ( N. Mn ) but they are starting to turn black so it won't be too long. Our first crane in is this weekend and some of the harbor is still with ice. I'm waiting for another week and go in on the 18th.
           Hope you and your wife have a great first sail after being wedded. My wife introduced me to sailing. She grew up around Chicago and her Dad had a boat in Burnham harbor which she spent many a weekend on. It's nice to have a partner that likes sailing as much as I do( or more).

      - Mark and M'lou
        " Raven " #77

      On May 8, 2013, at 8:56 PM, Dwight Pierce wrote:

      Did not get much of a sail in. Thunder storms threatening but seemed to sail real nice. Got to organize all the lines in the cockpit tho. Way too much clutter for me. Spent about 100+ hours getting it ready to put in water and a lot of frustration with plenty of enjoyment so it was nice to finally try it out. My first date with my fiancé was sailing and we bought this boat together. We get married this Saturday and want to sail Sunday as our first thing( after some other things) as a married couple. Weather is cold Sunday but I am sure I can talk her into it. Thanks for your help. Dwight

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 8, 2013, at 6:21 PM, Richard <cavelamb@...> wrote:

      Well Dwight, what do you think?

      On 5/8/2013 10:07 AM, Dwight Pierce wrote:

      I just purchased mine in Michigan #67 in good condition but needed a lot of cleaning and some repairs for $14000(no trailer). Has auto pilot, Bimini , spinnaker,original sails,  pretty loaded with extras. Got a trailer from a local boat factory and modified it for around $2500. Sailed for the first time last night.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 8, 2013, at 10:20 AM, "traviswj" <twjennings@...> wrote:

      Someone in my marina approached me last weekend about buying their Catalina 28 MK II. So I started looking around to see what Capri 26's are currently selling for. There are currently 11 for sale on sailboatlistings.com ranging in price from $26,900 to $8,500. But the main reason for this post is this boat in New Buffalo Michigan has the best salon modification of any Capri 26 I've ever seen!

      http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/29244

      Travis J.

      http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/