Re: [capri26] water hoses

  • Robert Unkel
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2013
      Here is a picture of the diesel in Impulsive.  The intake hose is running to the fitting on the top or left of the the pump as you are facing the engine.  Hope this helps.  Your impeller may have just fried itself due to age or else as Art wrote to you the intake was plugged up.  Make certain you get all the old rubber pieces out of the housing and lines or else the engine will run hot with the new impeller.

      On Apr 30, 2013, at 10:13 PM, pierced8760 wrote:

      I changed the hoses from the water pickup to pump then from pump to heat exchanger( not sure if that is what it is called). Put boat in water for the first time and fried the impeller. I think I have the hoses reversed on the pump. does anyone recall if the intake is on the right or left side of pump(my hoses mount on the bottom side of pump). I also have the transponder and knot meter sensors in the bow and both are leaking. Last thing I want to do is pull the boat. Is that my only option. I am assuming there is an O ring. One thing after an other on a new used boat. Thanks Dwight #67

    • Dave Kautz
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2013
      I've attached a photo of the diesel in Zoe (#248). It looks nearly the same as the one taken of Impulsive. Inside the hatch that is under the rear bunk is the thru-hull and sea-cock for the raw water intake. There should be screen/filter attached to the seacock. After running aground one time (and motoring off) I took a lot of crap out of that inlet screen - might be wise to check it.

      I realize it isn't clear from the photo which hose is the inlet but, looking at the service manual, the gear train should cause the pump to rotate clockwise when viewed from the front. This would indicate that the upper hose (in my picture) would be from the intake and the lower hose should go to the heat exchanger.

      Good luck with your repair,

      Dave

[...]

    • Dwight Pierce

        Here is a picture of the diesel in Impulsive.  The intake hose is running to the fitting on the top or left of the the pump as you are facing the engine.  Hope this helps.  Your impeller may have just fried itself due to age or else as Art wrote to you the intake was plugged up.  Make certain you get all the old rubber pieces out of the housing and lines or else the engine will run hot with the new impeller.

        <Impulsive Diesel.jpg>