Re: [capri26] Good Old Boat review?

  • mshoc28306
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2013
      Richard,

      We should send them to our website: capri26.org or capri26.com

      There are photos of owners boats, brochures/specs, and a short bit of history about the boat.

      Mark

      In a message dated 4/9/2013 5:01:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cavelamb@... writes:

      I just got a note from Karen Larson of Good Old Boat magazine.
      They are interested in doing a boat review of the Capri 26.

      So far, they have Mary's web pages:
      http://www.sailinggreenbay.net/essays/the-revision-thing-when-pay.html

      But what else can we provide?

      If someone asked YOU about your boat, what would you tell them?

      What do you like best?

      What not so much?

      Richard

      http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/

    • abudhabidu
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
        For what its worth, i think its the best boat for her age and size as a family cruiser, design was way ahead of her time. What i like best, all the things most people comment on.

        Unique boat, no others like it on our lake
        Open transom and swim deck, far as i can tell very few, if any boats built early 1990s have this feature
        Huge cockpit
        Wide beam
        Open layout of forward cabin
        Features of a 30ft boat in a 26ft boat, full head, galley, giant king sized bed when table down
        Easy handling, rigging and smooth sailing in all sorts of conditions
        Lots of walk around room on forward deck and sides
        Sturdy construction
        Shallow draft, wing keel

        Don't like, very minor stuff
        A few more inches of headroom, i'm 6'2"
        No handy little open storage holes in the cockpit sides
        Traveller in cockpit (1990 model), haven t moved it up yet

        Scott

        --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, Richard <cavelamb@...> wrote:

        > I just got a note from Karen Larson of Good Old Boat magazine.
        > They are interested in doing a boat review of the Capri 26.
        >
        > So far, they have Mary's web pages:
        > http://www.sailinggreenbay.net/essays/the-revision-thing-when-pay.html
        >
        > But what else can we provide?
        >
        > If someone asked YOU about your boat, what would you tell them?
        >
        > What do you like best?
        >
        > What not so much?
        >

        > Richard
        >
        > --
        >
        > http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/
        > http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/

      • sailorartman
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 24, 2013
          Very well said. I think the capri 26 is still ahead of her time. They have dropped the 270's and the 250's are getting wing keels for a little more head room. Next thing you know, they will be adding a separate head for the 250 and probably start growing it into a 26 trying to make it a Capri.

          The only thing that hurts and helps the Capri 26 is the weight. Hurts for towing but helps every place else. Except for my towing fuel bill, I can't think of a better boat to own.

          From: "abudhabidu" <abudhabidu@...>
          Sender: capri26@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:49:02 -0000
          To: <capri26@yahoogroups.com>