Re: [capri26] Re: Galley Counter

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 19, 2013
      Before my time, but still a good guide for galley counter top replacement.
      At least it's on the C26 web site now.

      Maybe we can collect good tips there?

      Richard

      On 3/19/2013 7:17 PM, Bruce Spletstoser wrote:
      I believe it was already published in the mainsheet in the late 90's or early 2000's???

      Richard <cavelamb@...> wrote:

      Bruce,

      Beautiful counter top!

      Can you bring that other C26 owner around and maybe see if we can use her(?) photos for a tech article?
      Maybe write up anything pertinent from your experience?

      What do you think, Art?
      Is there a tech article there?

      Richard

      On 3/19/2013 5:42 PM, Bruce Spletstoser wrote:

      Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

      Bruce
    Message 2 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013
      That looks awesome!  However, you did away with your stove, but said you needed a faucet tall enough to get your coffee pot under?  Do you keep an electric coffee maker on the boat now instead, or put a microwave in or something?

      Thanks,
      Travis

      Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

      Bruce
      Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

      Thanks
      Scott
      --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

      > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Bruce Spletstoser
      > Satinsheets
      > Gilbert, AZ

    • Bruce Spletstoser
      Message 3 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013

        That info was from another Capri owner, I use a single burner butane stove, it is much better than the alcohol stove.