Re: [capri26] Stories...

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
    Thanks Steve!
    That would be an interesting project.

    I'd like to remind everyone that there is a great deal of information
    posted in the
    files section of the Capri 26 group web page.

    For instance, the attached (reduces size) drawings from Edison and one from
    Catalina showing a slightly different arrangement.

    The following link should take you straight to the files section.

    http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/
  • Richard
    Message 2 of 10 , Mar 6, 2013
      Still hoping to hear from some of you about your stories...

      Anybody got anything they are working on?

      http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/
    • Stephen M. Hollingsworth
      Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013

        Hi Jim

        Sorry about the delay on getting back to you on the wheel conversion project, I have just been traveling allot for work and I just have not had the time to put down my thoughts and gather all my notes to share with you and the group.

        In the meantime, I have taken time in the last week to update my personal web site with all my projects and then I plan to post additional updates over the next few weeks. I have gone ahead and posted some pictures and notes on the wheel conversion on the web site however I still need to post my personal installation notes, costs, etc for each project (hopefully 600 words or more for Art!) for you. For example, when I upgraded to the wheel, I purchased the Pedestal from a friend and was able to save a great deal of money, the rest of the parts I did purchase from Edson. If you look on ebay, you can always find used Edson Pedestal’s for more than half the cost of a new one.

        On the site, I posted 6 categories under the “Resources” link.

        Web site: http://www.capriowners.com

        Specifications: General Specs for the Capri

        Brochures: A few brochures on the Capri

        Manuals: My 1992 Manual

        Projects:  a small list of my prior projects, more will be added as time permits. (I also listed of all my upgrades in a separate pdf under this section)

        Technical Notes:   A recent discussion with Brion Toss and Gerry Douglas (of Catalina) on pre-bend and the swept back spreader design

        Photo Gallery: Photos of SummerWind

        Steve