New Guys

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
      There's two new guys hiding in the back row.
      Welcome to the fleet.

      Step up here and say hello, folks.
      Who are ya? where dos you sail? Who's your crew?
      That sort of stuff.

      http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/
    • dkautz@pacbell.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
        I would be one of those guys.....

        My name is Dave, and my wife Francesca and I bought hull number 248 in early Novmeber last year. She was berthed in Alameda, CA at the time of purchase.

        Her first visit was to the boatyard, since she had been sitting little used and even less maintained for the previous three years. Several thousand dollars later she was retrieved with a new bottom, new bronze thru hulls and valves, a revived raw water pump, and fresh packing in the stuffing box.

        Now re-christened "Zoe" in memory of a much-loved family dog, on Thanksgiving weekend we moved her down to Redwood City on South San Francisco Bay so she would be close to (about 15 minutes) home. We have taking care of a few loose ends with the engine and the rigging but she sails very well as she is and we've a number of great outings on her already even though it is winter.

        I look forward to being in contact with other Capri 26 owners to trade tips, advice and sailing stories.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
          Hi Dave,

          Welcome to the fleet, Dave.

          If you would, head over to the photo section, make a folder named Zoe,
          and post some pics.  We'd love to see your boat.

          Love to hear some stories too.

          Richard

          On 2/1/2013 3:24 PM, dkautz@... wrote:

          I would be one of those guys.....

          My name is Dave, and my wife Francesca and I bought hull number 248 in early Novmeber last year. She was berthed in Alameda, CA at the time of purchase.

          Her first visit was to the boatyard, since she had been sitting little used and even less maintained for the previous three years. Several thousand dollars later she was retrieved with a new bottom, new bronze thru hulls and valves, a revived raw water pump, and fresh packing in the stuffing box.

          Now re-christened "Zoe" in memory of a much-loved family dog, on Thanksgiving weekend we moved her down to Redwood City on South San Francisco Bay so she would be close to (about 15 minutes) home. We have taking care of a few loose ends with the engine and the rigging but she sails very well as she is and we've a number of great outings on her already even though it is winter.

          I look forward to being in contact with other Capri 26 owners to trade tips, advice and sailing stories.

          Dave

          --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, Richard wrote:

          > There's two new guys hiding in the back row.
          > Welcome to the fleet.
          >
          > Step up here and say hello, folks.
          > Who are ya? where dos you sail? Who's your crew?
          > That sort of stuff.
          >

          > --
          >
          > http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/
          > http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/

          http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/
        • Robert Unkel
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
            Welcome Dave and Francesca!  Glad to have you on board. You bought a great boat and what a great place to sail her.  Much better than southern Ohio where the temperature now is about 13!

            "Impulsive" Capri 26 #107

            Sent by an outspoken old person from his conservative launch pad.........