Universal M2-12 Engine

  • rdgeer1948
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008
      To all,

      Does anyone know a cross reference part number for the C-26 Universal
      M2-12 Engine Belt. Universal number is 302084, I'd like a Gates or
      equiv. commercial number that I can get at an auto parts store or
      marine store.

      Thanks,
      Bob Geer
      Hull no. 165
    • JAN.RICH
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008

        When I go to the boat I can get one. I actually downsized 1 size because did not have enough adjustment to take out the slack. I have the original replacement on the boat.

        Rich

        Jan & Rich Brzezowski

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008
          The following is a link to the Gates web page with a cross reference based on equipment. I have used this for my Sears lawn mower and the belts were the right size but not the weight and strength that I really needed on a 20HP wiht a 48" deck. The belts for the Universal alternator do not take the abuse my mower does on a 6.5 acre yard. This should work for the boat engines.

          http://www.gates.com/part_locator/index.cfm?location_id=3002

          The link is handy to have anyway

            Find Auto Parts By:    Application    Interchange
            or Find Application By:    Part Number
          The vehicle shown is not an interference engine unless noted "Interference Engine Application" in the comments column of the Cam Belt application section.
          Category:
          Year:
          Make:
          Type:
          Model:
          Engine:

          Universal M2-12 Diesel
          ApplicationProduct TypePart #Comments
           Belt Drive System
           Front End Accessory Drive Components
          W.P. & Alt.
          High Capacity V-Belt (Standard)7355

          Information provided by Gates Automotive Product Application

          Use our
          parts store locator to find thousands of locations where you can purchase Gates Automotive products.

          Art Harden
          CCSA Commodore
          Sea Belle -Capri 26 -151
          937.885.9380 (o)