Re: [capri26] Any Advice on a Winter Cover Frame?

  • Mary & Jeff
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 1.8 MB
    We live in Northern Wisconsin and tie a heavy tarp over the boom. Snow slides off just fine.

    Mary and Jeff
    #66 Revision

    sailinggreenbay.net

    Message 2 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012

      I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc??  Anybody have them??  Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.

      Thanks

      Bruce Spletstoser
      Satinsheets
      Gilbert, AZ

    • abudhabidu
      Message 3 of 11 , Mar 18 9:00 PM
        Hi Bruce,

        Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

        Thanks
        Scott
        --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

        > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Bruce Spletstoser
        > Satinsheets
        > Gilbert, AZ

      • Bruce Spletstoser
        Message 4 of 11 , Mar 19 3:42 PM
        Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

        Bruce
        Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

        Thanks
        Scott
        --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

        > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Bruce Spletstoser
        > Satinsheets
        > Gilbert, AZ

      • Richard
        Message 5 of 11 , Mar 19 5:03 PM
          Bruce,

          Beautiful counter top!

          Can you bring that other C26 owner around and maybe see if we can use her(?) photos for a tech article?
          Maybe write up anything pertinent from your experience?

          What do you think, Art?
          Is there a tech article there?

          Richard

          On 3/19/2013 5:42 PM, Bruce Spletstoser wrote:

          Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

          Bruce
          Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

          Thanks
          Scott
          --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

          > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Bruce Spletstoser
          > Satinsheets
          > Gilbert, AZ

          http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/
        • Bruce Spletstoser

            Message 7 of 11 , Mar 19 6:35 PM
              Before my time, but still a good guide for galley counter top replacement.
              At least it's on the C26 web site now.

              Maybe we can collect good tips there?

              Richard

              Richard <cavelamb@...> wrote:

              Bruce,

              Beautiful counter top!

              Can you bring that other C26 owner around and maybe see if we can use her(?) photos for a tech article?
              Maybe write up anything pertinent from your experience?

              What do you think, Art?
              Is there a tech article there?

              Richard

              On 3/19/2013 5:42 PM, Bruce Spletstoser wrote:

              Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

              Bruce
              Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

              Thanks
              Scott
              --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

              > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Bruce Spletstoser
              > Satinsheets
              > Gilbert, AZ

              http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/

              http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/
          • Travis Jennings
            Message 8 of 11 , Mar 20 5:15 AM
              That looks awesome!  However, you did away with your stove, but said you needed a faucet tall enough to get your coffee pot under?  Do you keep an electric coffee maker on the boat now instead, or put a microwave in or something?

              Thanks,
              Travis

              Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

              Bruce
              Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

              Thanks
              Scott
              --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

              > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Bruce Spletstoser
              > Satinsheets
              > Gilbert, AZ

            • Bruce Spletstoser
              Message 9 of 11 , Mar 20 6:18 PM

                That info was from another Capri owner, I use a single burner butane stove, it is much better than the alcohol stove.