Re: [capri26] Any Advice on a Winter Cover Frame?

  • Mark Miller and M'lou Brubaker
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2012
      Shane,

        Did anyone send you any ideas on covering your boat? I live in N Mn and I use 2x4 x brace aft, a brace in the tabernacle, and one off of the bow pulpit  to support my mast. I put a big tarp over the mast and make sure I get out there after it snows to get it off the tarp. The boat is in my yard so that helps. If you want photos let me know. It's not really a great way but it's my way!

      - Mark and M'lou
         Raven #77

      On Nov 16, 2012, at 5:38 PM, catcapri26 wrote:

      Hi Everyone,

      First time everything here - first time boat-owner, first time sailer, and first time posting! I purchased a '91 Capri 26 in the spring. We had a good season learning more than I could ever imagine. I'm wondering if the group has any advice on a winter cover? I am not big into the one-time shrink-wrap, when I can invest or build someting I can re-use for more than one season.

      Has anyone built/purchased frames, or have any ideas they can pass along?

      Thanks,

      Shane

    • Mary & Jeff
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 3, 2012
      • 1 Attachment
      • 1.8 MB
      We live in Northern Wisconsin and tie a heavy tarp over the boom. Snow slides off just fine.

      Mary and Jeff
      #66 Revision

      sailinggreenbay.net

      Message 3 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012

        I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc??  Anybody have them??  Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.

        Thanks

        Bruce Spletstoser
        Satinsheets
        Gilbert, AZ

      • abudhabidu
        Message 4 of 11 , Mar 18, 2013
          Hi Bruce,

          Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

          Thanks
          Scott
          --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

          > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Bruce Spletstoser
          > Satinsheets
          > Gilbert, AZ

        • Bruce Spletstoser
          Message 5 of 11 , Mar 19, 2013
          Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

          Bruce
          Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

          Thanks
          Scott
          --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

          > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Bruce Spletstoser
          > Satinsheets
          > Gilbert, AZ

        • Richard
          Message 6 of 11 , Mar 19, 2013
            Bruce,

            Beautiful counter top!

            Can you bring that other C26 owner around and maybe see if we can use her(?) photos for a tech article?
            Maybe write up anything pertinent from your experience?

            What do you think, Art?
            Is there a tech article there?

            Richard

            On 3/19/2013 5:42 PM, Bruce Spletstoser wrote:

            Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

            Bruce
            Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

            Thanks
            Scott
            --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

            > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Bruce Spletstoser
            > Satinsheets
            > Gilbert, AZ

            http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/
          • Bruce Spletstoser

              Message 8 of 11 , Mar 19, 2013
                Before my time, but still a good guide for galley counter top replacement.
                At least it's on the C26 web site now.

                Maybe we can collect good tips there?

                Richard

                Richard <cavelamb@...> wrote:

                Bruce,

                Beautiful counter top!

                Can you bring that other C26 owner around and maybe see if we can use her(?) photos for a tech article?
                Maybe write up anything pertinent from your experience?

                What do you think, Art?
                Is there a tech article there?

                Richard

                On 3/19/2013 5:42 PM, Bruce Spletstoser wrote:

                Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

                Bruce
                Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

                Thanks
                Scott
                --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

                > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Bruce Spletstoser
                > Satinsheets
                > Gilbert, AZ

                http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/

                http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress/
            • Travis Jennings
              Message 9 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013
                That looks awesome!  However, you did away with your stove, but said you needed a faucet tall enough to get your coffee pot under?  Do you keep an electric coffee maker on the boat now instead, or put a microwave in or something?

                Thanks,
                Travis

                Yes, I did and it turned out out to be much easier than I thought.  I have attached some instructions with pictures that I received from another Capri-26 member.  I used laminate again, unlike the info attached, her used corian.  I use a butane stove instead of the unit that came with the boat, so I filled in the stove cut-out.

                Bruce
                Did you ever get any info or actually try to replace it? I''d like to do the same.

                Thanks
                Scott
                --- In capri26@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Spletstoser" <splets@...> wrote:

                > I remember awhile back that someone put together instructions on how to replace the galley counter, where all the screws are, etc?? Anybody have them?? Mine is lifting up and getting pretty tired looking.
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Bruce Spletstoser
                > Satinsheets
                > Gilbert, AZ

              • Bruce Spletstoser
                Message 10 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013

                  That info was from another Capri owner, I use a single burner butane stove, it is much better than the alcohol stove.