Ladder Repairs

  • Mike Irwin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2012
      While parking my boat for the winter, I backed my boat into a Ballard just catching the bottom of the ladder

      The ladder is bent pretty good the metal even has a kink in it too.

      Just glad I didn't hit the rudder.

      I am gonna to talk to another local Capri 26 owner (mike smith) and see if for a case of beer he will let me borrow his ladder over the winter to use as a template while making the repairs.

      Anyone attempted a similar repair or have any suggestions on the best way to repair this?
    • Artstree@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2012
        You may want to check and see if Catalina has one for a 270. As I recall they are similar.

        From: Mike Irwin <mikirwn@...>
        Sender: capri26@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:52:30 -0400
        To: capri26@yahoogroups.com<capri26@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: capri26@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [capri26] Ladder Repairs

        While parking my boat for the winter, I backed my boat into a Ballard just catching the bottom of the ladder

        The ladder is bent pretty good the metal even has a kink in it too.

        Just glad I didn't hit the rudder.

        I am gonna to talk to another local Capri 26 owner (mike smith) and see if for a case of beer he will let me borrow his ladder over the winter to use as a template while making the repairs.

        Anyone attempted a similar repair or have any suggestions on the best way to repair this?

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2012