FW: [capri26] Main Sheet Swivel Shackle

  • ALLAN HADLEY
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 18, 2012

    To: capri26@yahoogroups.com
    From: allanhadley@...
    Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:55:43 +0000
    Subject: [capri26] Main Sheet Swivel Shackle

    Last week during a very poorly executed jibe, I managed to break a swivel shackle that attaches the mainsheet block to the traveler car. It consists of two shackles joined by a swivel joint. The whole thing is a little over 2" long. The lower shackle attaches to the traveler car by a locking pin, and the upper shackle attaches the the mainsheet block through a bolt that also holds the mainsheet locking cam cleat. I will try to attach (a rather poor) picture of this part.
    I have contacted Catalina parts by email, but they seem to be having trouble matching it.
    Has anyone purchased one before, or have any suggestions where I might look?

    I guess I'm not smart enough to be able to attach a photo to this post!

  • Gary Pack
    Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 2012
      Re: [capri26] Main Sheet Swivel Shackle [2 Attachments] Try Garhauer.  Here is their website.

      http://garhauermarine.com/

      They made most of the hardware for the Capri

      Gary Pack

      On 8/18/12 8:58 AM, "ALLAN HADLEY" <allanhadley@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from ALLAN HADLEY included below]

      To: capri26@yahoogroups.com

      Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 2012

        Yeah, I tried that, and went through MOST of their categories, but didn't see it.

        To: capri26@yahoogroups.com

        Message 4 of 9 , Aug 18, 2012

          We've all had those jibes :-)  for what its worth I have a similar fitting on my Danforth anchor and thinking you might have better luck under that angle.

          Mine connects the anchor chain rode  to the anchor line.

          On Aug 18, 2012 8:58 AM, "ALLAN HADLEY" <allanhadley@...> wrote:

          [Attachment(s) from ALLAN HADLEY included below]

          To: capri26@yahoogroups.com

          Message 5 of 9 , Aug 19, 2012
            Call them, they probably made it just for Catatlina.  They made up special blocks for my traveler that were not in their catalog.  They are a very customer friendly company!
            Bob

            To: capri26@yahoogroups.com

              Message 7 of 9 , Aug 19, 2012

                Yeah, I tried that, and went through MOST of their categories, but didn't see it.

                To: capri26@yahoogroups.com

                Message 8 of 9 , Aug 19, 2012
                  This is made by Ronstan.  You can get it at Westmarine for 24.61, their part@ is 121210.

                  Splets Stainless-Steel Swivels
                  Yeah, I tried that, and went through MOST of their categories, but didn't see it.

                  To: capri26@yahoogroups.com