Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

America's Cup

Expand Messages
  • Ralph
    Today saw the America s Cup series at Newport. WoW. 20 thousand people. The racing was right next to the shore. The best seats were on the shore. Short 20
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2012
    Today saw the America's Cup series at Newport. WoW. 20 thousand people. The racing was right next to the shore.  The best seats were on the shore. Short 20 minute races.  Loud rock music.  The experience was geared to please the spectators. First time on network TV in over 20 years.  Really made sailing look cool.  Boats were incredibly fast. The each sailed by the spectators before the start and introduced the crews like a football game. boats on moorings
  • Robert Unkel
    It sure can be used under sail, I have used it several times when sailing. Only issue is when running down wind, you have to scoot up towards the front of the
    Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      It sure can be used under sail, I have used it several times when sailing.  Only issue is when running down wind, you have to scoot up towards the front of the cockpit to see the full main.

      Bob

      On Jul 1, 2012, at 10:28 PM, Bob White wrote:

       

      But, it cannot be used while under sail, right?  That is the main problem I have with our Capri 26’s.
       
      Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 8:36 PM
      Subject: [capri26] Folded Up Bimini
       
      Someone had requested photos of my Bimini in the folded up position.  Here is photo of the boat all covered up.
      Bob
       
      <Folded Bimini wcover.jpg>


    • Robert Unkel
      Great photos Buckeye Ralph! Old friend of mine was there also. He said one flipped. Must be the one with the clear membrane on the top of the wing, I heard
      Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        Great photos "Buckeye" Ralph!  Old friend of mine was there also. He said one flipped.  Must be the one with the clear membrane on the top of the wing, I heard they fixed it overnight but it took them several hours to get the boat back right side up.

        Thanks again,
        Bob


        On Jul 2, 2012, at 12:06 AM, Ralph wrote:

        Today saw the America's Cup series at Newport. WoW. 20 thousand people. The racing was right next to the shore.  The best seats were on the shore. Short 20 minute races.  Loud rock music.  The experience was geared to please the spectators. First time on network TV in over 20 years.  Really made sailing look cool.  Boats were incredibly fast. The each sailed by the spectators before the start and introduced the crews like a football game. boats on moorings
        <image.jpeg>

        <image.mov>
        Sent from my iPhone
        <image.jpeg>

        On Jul 1, 2012, at 11:28 PM, Richard <cavelamb@...> wrote:

         

        On 7/1/2012 9:28 PM, Bob White wrote:

         

        But, it cannot be used while under sail, right?  That is the main problem I have with our Capri 26’s.




        We sail with it up all the time.
        HAVE to...

        -- 
        
        Richard Lamb
        http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
        http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress
        
        


      • Mike Bowman
        Great photos! I Watched the race on TV yesterday and what a great broadcast! It was a good day for sailing! ________________________________ From: Ralph
        Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          Great photos! I Watched the race on TV yesterday and what a great broadcast! It was a good day for sailing!



          From: Ralph <waterwindsail@...>
          To: "capri26@yahoogroups.com" <capri26@yahoogroups.com>
          Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2012 11:06 PM
          Subject: [capri26] America's Cup [2 Attachments]

          Today saw the America's Cup series at Newport. WoW. 20 thousand people. The racing was right next to the shore.  The best seats were on the shore. Short 20 minute races.  Loud rock music.  The experience was geared to please the spectators. First time on network TV in over 20 years.  Really made sailing look cool.  Boats were incredibly fast. The each sailed by the spectators before the start and introduced the crews like a football game. boats on moorings



          Sent from my iPhone


          On Jul 1, 2012, at 11:28 PM, Richard <cavelamb@...> wrote:

           
          On 7/1/2012 9:28 PM, Bob White wrote:
           
          But, it cannot be used while under sail, right?  That is the main problem I have with our Capri 26’s.




          We sail with it up all the time.
          HAVE to...

          -- 
          
          Richard Lamb
          http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
          http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress
          
          


        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.