Re: [capri26] Forward Hatch Rebed

  • Mark Ellison
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2012
      I've replaced numerous plexi and lexan windows over the years to only find out many silicone are not compatible thus the suggestion of Dow 795.  Attached is the expert and many good comments with regards to fixing hatches.

      Regards

      Mark
      http://www.selectplastics.com/index.php/blogs/tonyd/sealants.html

      On May 29, 2012, at 9:14 AM, "Stephen" <smh@...> wrote:

      I realize that we had a discussion about rebedding our chainplates, but this weekend I spent hours working on my forward hatch. I first replaced the hatch gasket and then thoroughly cleaned and rebedded the frame with DAP Marine sealent (big mistake!). After allowing it (DAP) to cure for 24 hrs, I have a number of leaks under the frame!!! Did I mistakenly use DAP? Should I have used 3M 4000? Or Should I have used Boat Life Sealant Silicone?

      Thks,
      Stephen
      Summer Wind