Hull-Core-Liner thickness on Cabin top

  • Travis Jennings
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2012
      I’m just wondering if anyone here has done any work to their cabin top in the past and happens to know what the thickness are for the liner in the top of the cabin, the core, and the cabin top?  I’ve search around and seen a couple of articles that say the hull is 2” tick at the keel, and the liner is 1/8” – 3/16” tick on the side walls.  I’m working on refinishing my wood trim and see where someone used too long of a screw in one spot on the wood trim that goes over the cabin top hatch cover housing and is the cause of a leak into the core.

      Thanks,
      Travis

    • Artstree@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2012
        I reset my traveler a couple of years ago and as I recall it is a about 1" thick.  The reason I say about is that I found the bolts for the traveler were 1-1/2" long with cap nuts. After I put the sealant on and the washers, I found that the cap nut was not really threaded in very far and if the threads were worn you could not get the cap nut started.  Allowing for the thickness of the traveler, caulking, and washer that takes up a good 1/4" and leaving only 1/4" grip. I ended up buying 2" bolts (which were too long) and cutting them to 1-3/4"