sale care

  • kriskoehler67
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2011
      Has anyone used Sailcare to have their sails cleaned and serviced. They say they add the resin back into the sails to make them crisp again.

      Thanks
      Kris
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2011
        Local dealer has sent sails there several years ago.  They came back looking good, crisp and repaired.  Only complaint I have heard was cost was significant.  Generally if sail resin is broken down, the shape goes with it.  Repairs don't normally fix shape.  IE: Blown out sail shape.

        Bob
        On Nov 19, 2011, at 9:34 AM, kriskoehler67 wrote:

        Has anyone used Sailcare to have their sails cleaned and serviced. They say they add the resin back into the sails to make them crisp again.

        Thanks
        Kris

      • Donald Miller
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2011
          Yes, I have used Sailcare to repair and clean the old 1992
          genoa that came on the boat. They did a good repair job and the old sail looked and felt almost new. I was satisfied and will use Sailcare again.

          Donald Miller

          Has anyone used Sailcare to have their sails cleaned and serviced. They say they add the resin back into the sails to make them crisp again.

          Thanks
          Kris

        • edgerton.colin
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2011
            I just what I assume is the original main (1990) repaired and cleaned by Sailcare. It looks great. They were prompt and friendly.

            The basic cleaning/resin was $140. I also had them perform some repairs which cost extra (reset bolt-rope etc.)

            I have yet to sail with it and will let you know if I notice any particulars.

            Colin Edgerton