Capri 26 for sale

  • robbertsmorgan
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 20, 2011
      My husband and I are selling our 1992 Capri 26. It is located at Stockton Lake in West Central Missouri. It is in excellent condition and I will have pictures and more information such as engine hours available soon.

      Here is the ad from Craigslist/Kansas City. Please refer anyone who might be interested to contact us via that ad (search for "Capri 26"). Thank you!

      Currently docked at Stockton Lake, this Capri 26 has it all for sailing and family fun. Spacious cabin sleeps 4 with like new, dark blue interior. Roomy cockpit for comfortable sailing and dining on the water. Superbly cared for inside and out - you seriously will not believe this boat was built in 1992, it spent many of the first years shrink wrapped in dry dock. New bottom paint in 2009. Large custom bimini top installed in 2007. The large cockpit includes two white vinyl bench cushions; "Aqua Helm" depth meter; "Auto Helm" speedometer; "Danforth" compass; and Captain's Wheel.

      Wing keel; inboard Universal 11 hp 2 cylinder diesel engine; roller furling jib; 13.4 gallon water tank; hot water heater; new marine head 2011; Danforth anchor; Origo two burner alcohol stove; ice box; like new dark blue cushions; shore power and battery charger; two marine batteries (one new 8/11); storage and transportation cradle; more.

      $23,400
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 20, 2011
        There are a few things you an do that really help the process.
        First - put up a web site with the pictures, movies, stories, etc.
        Ya gotta sell the sizzle - the steak will take care of itself.
        Holler if you need help with that.

        You need GOOD pictures - and lots of them.
        (see MY web site - address is at the bottom of this page)

        Second, place an ad on Sailing Texas.
         http://www.sailingtexas.com/

        It covers more than just Texas and is probably the best place
        to sell (or buy) a sailboat.  The adds are inexpensive and don't cost anything until the boat sells.
        Start here, Allison will take care of setting up the ad and maintaining it.
        http://www.sailingtexas.com/cboatsclassifieds.html

        Be sure to read and understand the rules!

        Hate to see you go, but best of luck.

        --

        Richard Lamb
        http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

      • Helen Stoll
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 22, 2011
          Thanks for the links and good advice, Richard!
        • Bob White
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012

            Can anyone photgraph the end of the boom and how the lines go from the inside of the boom to the grommets and back to the boom?  I moved my boat and cannot figure out how the lines go.

            Thanks, #157  (1991)
          • Richard
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
              On 2/1/2012 8:58 PM, Bob White wrote:

              Can anyone photgraph the end of the boom and how the lines go from the inside of the boom to the grommets and back to the boom?  I moved my boat and cannot figure out how the lines go.

              Thanks, #157  (1991)
              _

              Hi Bob,

              I thought I had pics, but couldn't find them.
              I did find the Catalina drawing though.

              The stock arrangement is a single line (see the diagrams below)
              I tried it a couple of times but the friction was horrendous.

              I have an eye riveted to the starboard side of the boom where the reefing line terminates
              (just a bowline), but the drawing shows the line being tied to the boom.

              From there the line goes up to the grommet, down the port side of the sail to the pulley on the port side of the boom
              (in the aft fitting block).
               From there is runs through the boom to the front, then turns DOWN, goes through the fairlead on the port side of the mast,
              back UP through the grommet at the front, down to the fairlead on the st'bd side of the mast, then to the turning bocks at the
              base of the mast and aft to the cockpit.

              Single line system.

              Two line system.  (although the aft line runs internally).
              I've been using my Cunningham for the front line, which means going forward to hook it up.
              But the line reaches to the cockpit, so I can set the reef from there once hooked up.

              Eye where the reefing line attaches to the boom...

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
                I have the same drawing but that is definitely NOT the way mine is set up.  It almost appears as if the end of the reef line disappears into the boom.  There is no such thing happening on my boom.  It really has never worked correctly.  Perhaps the next time I am at the boat (as the weather warms), I can take some photos.  an old salt once helped me set up something on the side of the boom to help HOLD DOWN the reef in higher winds.  It worked fine until I had to move the boat last spring.  Now, trying to figure out how to do the END of the line (not the line that is pulled on the cabin top to the winch) which will hold down the reef is a bit of a mystery.

                Can anyone photgraph the end of the boom and how the lines go from the inside of the boom to the grommets and back to the boom?  I moved my boat and cannot figure out how the lines go.

                Thanks, #157  (1991)
                _

                Hi Bob,

                I thought I had pics, but couldn't find them.
                I did find the Catalina drawing though.

                The stock arrangement is a single line (see the diagrams below)
                I tried it a couple of times but the friction was horrendous.

                I have an eye riveted to the starboard side of the boom where the reefing line terminates
                (just a bowline), but the drawing shows the line being tied to the boom.

                From there the line goes up to the grommet, down the port side of the sail to the pulley on the port side of the boom
                (in the aft fitting block).
                From there is runs through the boom to the front, then turns DOWN, goes through the fairlead on the port side of the mast,
                back UP through the grommet at the front, down to the fairlead on the st'bd side of the mast, then to the turning bocks at the
                base of the mast and aft to the cockpit.

                Single line system.

                Two line system.  (although the aft line runs internally).
                I've been using my Cunningham for the front line, which means going forward to hook it up.
                But the line reaches to the cockpit, so I can set the reef from there once hooked up.

                Eye where the reefing line attaches to the boom...

                --

                Richard Lamb
                http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
                http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

              • Mark Miller and M'lou Brubaker
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 14, 2012
                  Dear Members,
                  I recently had an article published in the Mainsheet ( March
                  issue ) in our section and I'm wondering if I could get a few copies
                  sent to me when you are done with yours. I'd gladly pay for the
                  postage. Hope you all enjoyed the article as much as I did writing it.
                  My address is;
                  Mark Miller
                  14015 W. Co Rd 578
                  Goodland ,Mn 55742

                  - Mark and M'lou
                  " Raven " #77
                • sailorartman
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 19 3:42 PM
                    Well I found my to do do-hicky and used it to post about a ten article on the Yahoo web page under a file folder called Mainsheet articles. There are two sub folders; one for Commodore Articles and a second one for Tech Articles. The Tech Articles range from trailering the boat, to engines, to rig tuning. I have a few more to post I will get them up there soon. Additionally, the dates on the files are the ones when I posted to the Mainsheet page which is about 2.5 months before it is published. So you may find that some of the text does not correlate with the file date.

                    I hope you enjoy them. As I get time I will go back through past Mainsheet issues and post the Commodor's Section
                  • Richard
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 19 4:59 PM
                      Art,

                      Thanks for doing that.  It will be handy, I'm sure.

                      And than you for the "Get Well wish ".
                      The surgery came off ok, and I'm getting back on my feet.

                      I've actually been out sailing a few times, but that's with a full crew!.
                      They wouldn't let me do much strenuous work.
                      But I'm hoping to be able to go back to work teaching sailing in May.

                      I'll try to pick up the thread and write something for you.
                      I think I left off at moving the boat across Dallas.
                      Boy that was a tense day!

                      While on the subject, I will once again call for articles, tricks and tips,
                      how-to's, sea stories, Mom's favorite recipes, and what ever else
                      that our members would like to see in print.

                      A short piece about you, your family, your boat, where you sail,
                      why you sail, how you learned, along with a high res glamor shot
                      or two of your boat could get you almost famous (well, in our little
                      world any way?).

                      It would sure help!

                      There is nothing to writing.
                      All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
                                                                 Ernest Hemingway

                      Thaks all,

                      Richard