Trailer information for Capri 26

  • vargapj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2008
      I currently have a trailer for my Capri 26 which I believe was made by
      Trail-rite (markings are now gone). It is roller type trailer with
      boards that guide the wing keel onto the base of the trailer. It is a
      terrific trailer, but I am in need of a new winch and the boat and
      trailer are stored where I cannot get to them. My questions are these:
      does anyone know what size winch is enough for the trailer? (any winch
      info would help...brand, weight capacity, etc.) and how much air do you
      suggest for the tires? I do not trailer the boat. Only use the
      trailer for launch, store, and retrieve, but I want to get the new
      winch before I get the boat out of storage within the next few weeks
      (I'm in the mountains of Colorado and our season begins about May 15th).

      Thanks and fair winds to all,
      Pete Varga
    • Artstree@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2008
        The boat weighs around 5400 pound depending on how much stuff you have inside. I have a manual 2 speed winch with 6,000lb., 3” strap. As for air in the tires, it will vary depending on the tire size and manufacture. Pressure could be anywhere from 35 to 65 PSI. look at the sidewall of the tires. It should tell you the max load rating at the recommended PSI.

        We just got our boat on the water here in Ohio. Sea Belle #151. Our boats are almost sisters

        Art Harden
        CCSA Commodore
        937.885.9380 (o)
        937.477.5544 (m)