Re: [capri26] Capri 26 Traveler Difficulty

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2010
      We modified our stock unit by adding additional blocks and increased the purchase.  Now it is very easy to adjust under load.  The stock unit just didn't have enough purchase. The only way you could really adjust it was to pre-set it before you tacked.  Look in the Impulsive folder on the website, there are some pictures of our modification.

      On Nov 24, 2010, at 10:06 AM, jeanjunker@... wrote:

      My stock cabin-top Traveler does not seem to adjust smoothly while sailing under load, which of course is when it should be easily adjustable.

      The prior owner added a third turning block to the mainsheet system, is it possible that is part of my problem or is it possible that the mainsheet now pulls in an angled direction (vs straight up) and causing a binding?

      The traveler will move but only with considerable effort by crew on the rail pulling it up to the high side.

      Any feedback or thoughts about this would be appreciated.

      Jean Junker
      Canyon Lake, Texas

    • capri26owner
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2010
        Jean,

        You may also want to check the condition of the sheeves the traveller lines pass through. Mine had a flat area worn onto one side preventing them from rotating, which made adjustments under load more difficult. I ended up replacing them with some from Harken.

        Mark