Re: Capri 26 question

  • capri26owner@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
      Hi Gary,

      I've cc'd the Capri 26 yahoo group with your mast raising question, I know their are other do-it-yourself mast raisers in the group. This is also a timely question, I believe Bob Unkel, the Capri 26 Technical Editor is considering an article on mast raising systems used by members. You will find a photo of a system used by another member, "Sea Belle", under the photo section on the Yahoo page.

      I do have a manual mast raising system that I have used on a couple of occasions. I've attached a drawing showing the setup. The system works fine. My only concern is working the winch from the cockpit with the mast hanging overhead. If I used the system regularly, I would replace the turning pulley on the bow and use the mainsheet pulley system ran from the top of the gin pole to the trailer winch strap. This is similar to the hoist setup seen in "Sea Belle" photo. Others in the group may have other configurations.

      Mark
      "OASIS"

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007

        Check out AOL Money  Finance's list of the hottest products <http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001>  and top money wasters <http://money.aol.com/top5/general/ways-you-are-wasting-money?NCID=aoltop00030000000002>  of 2007.

      • Artstree@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
          Bob:

           I will work on an article with pics for you.

          Art Harden
          CCSA Commodore
          937.885.9380 (o)
          937.477.5544 (m)

[...]

            More new features than ever.  Check out the new AOL Mail <http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp00050000000003> !

            Art:
                Many thanks for the offer, we are always looking for more articles.

            P.S. How many boats are there in your club? I have been tempted to bring my Milli Meter up sometime just to sail the lake.