39Re: How Much Play is too much play?

  • Tom Black
    Apr 15, 2007
      I checked the play in the rudder this weekend and it appears to be
      about 3/16" in any direction. I had a friend with me that is the
      current owner of a Catalina 34 and previous owner of a Catalina 30 and
      25. He had to shim the rudder of his 30 some years back so he has a
      little experience. He said he thought the rudder could use a shim or
      two but probably was not worth the trouble at this time. I am in a
      dilemma as we are quickly approaching sailing season and I was planning
      to leave the boat in the water for two sailing seasons if possible. Any
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic