      I think my masthead has a loop on the front of it, that the block attaches too. Could take a picture this weekend.

      John Pickup <johnpkup@...> wrote:

      How did you attach the block to the top of the mast.  My jib stay attaches right to the frnt of the mast head

      On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Dave Kautz <dkautz@...> wrote:

      #248 is rigged like Bruce's, there is a block for the spinnaker halyard attached to the front of the masthead fitting, the second sheave in the masthead isn't used.

      Dave

      From: Bruce Spletstoser <splets@...>
      To: capri26@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:39 AM
      Subject: Re: [capri26] Mast Crane.

      I have  block attached to the top of the mast that works well, it takes the halyard a Couple inches in front of the furler, so I get no interferrence

      John Pickup <johnpkup@...> wrote:

      Has anyone tried tried to add a mast crane to fly an asymmetrical spinnaker.  When I fly my chute now from one of the two mast head halyards it wraps the furler whenever I jibe.  It seems that if I could get the head out away from the furler by putting a block on the end of a masthead mounted crane  it would fly better.  Any thoughts

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic