2437RE: [capri26] Stories...

  • Stephen M. Hollingsworth
    Mar 11, 2013

      Hi Jim

      Sorry about the delay on getting back to you on the wheel conversion project, I have just been traveling allot for work and I just have not had the time to put down my thoughts and gather all my notes to share with you and the group.

      In the meantime, I have taken time in the last week to update my personal web site with all my projects and then I plan to post additional updates over the next few weeks. I have gone ahead and posted some pictures and notes on the wheel conversion on the web site however I still need to post my personal installation notes, costs, etc for each project (hopefully 600 words or more for Art!) for you. For example, when I upgraded to the wheel, I purchased the Pedestal from a friend and was able to save a great deal of money, the rest of the parts I did purchase from Edson. If you look on ebay, you can always find used Edson Pedestal’s for more than half the cost of a new one.

      On the site, I posted 6 categories under the “Resources” link.

      Web site: http://www.capriowners.com

      Specifications: General Specs for the Capri

      Brochures: A few brochures on the Capri

      Manuals: My 1992 Manual

      Projects:  a small list of my prior projects, more will be added as time permits. (I also listed of all my upgrades in a separate pdf under this section)

      Technical Notes:   A recent discussion with Brion Toss and Gerry Douglas (of Catalina) on pre-bend and the swept back spreader design

      Photo Gallery: Photos of SummerWind

      Steve