1976Re: [capri26] Latitudes & Attitudes essay

  • Richard
    Mar 1, 2012
      Mary,

      Sorry about being so slow getting back to yo on this.
      I went down to the mall last Sunday and bought a the March issue - just to read your story.
      But with all that has been going on trying to get the house deal going I didn't get a chance
      to sit down and read it until last night.

      So now you can honestly tell the staff that your article did indeed increase their circulation!

      As for the story, Oh, whadda hoot!

      Next time you'll know to take your own "emergency" food stash.
      Because the next owner might not be so generous with the flavored water and jerky.

      Great story. And well written too.  I felt like I know The Owner. Or at least have known
      other Owners like him.

      Loved the part about the "Kill your TV" button...
      I've been off TV for about 6 years now.
      I guess I'm not the demographics they shoot for, because I couldn't find anything I wanted to watch any more.
      So I just quit and started collecting DVDs instead.

      With this move, Dorothy moved down to Dallas about 3 months before me.
      For short term internet access Verizon offered a better deal with TV service attached.
      So, being bored after work she hooked up the TV converter box and zoned out.
      Man - TV has changed - and not for the better. HIGH ANXIETY!
      But commercials are still the same - same stupid commercial over and over and over and over and...

      I really really want to put a bumper sticker on the TV that says - I'd Rather Be Sailing!

      On 2/22/2012 9:23 PM, revisionboat wrote:

      Hello All,

      "My First Transport" is in the March Lats & Atts. Although it focuses on sailing a Catalina 30 up Lake Michigan, I of course mentioned our beloved C26s.

      30 hours and 175 miles on 45° parallel north.

      Awesome!

      Mary

      --

      Richard Lamb