Re: [caplet] ADsafe

  • Norman Hardy
    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 30, 2007
      On 2007 Sep 30, at 9:52 AM, Douglas Crockford wrote:

      > JSLint.com contains an ADsafe feature. Its intent is to enforce a safe
      > subset of JavaScript for use in ads and widgets. ADsafe requires no
      > transformations. It relies solely on verification. Its rules require
      > that programs be written in a functional style. It rejects programs
      > written in the pseudoclassical or prototypal styles. I am finding that
      > the functional style is the most expressive. It also has the best
      > security properties.

      Bravo!

      It would be elegant and possibly easy to annotate each warning with a
      category where the categories are those listed in the options box below.
      A numeric or mnemonic code could be used.
      Message 36 of 36 , Nov 11, 2010
        I updated the ADsafe DOM interface. Previously, a method like .getValue() could return

        undefined
        a single value
        an array of values

        depending on the number of results. Now, a method like .getValue() will return the first value that is available, or undefined if there are none. A new method, .getValues() will always return an array, possibly an empty array.