W2SP 2012 CFP - Web 2.0 Security and Privacy 2012 Workshop Call for Papers

  • Larry Koved
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2011
      W2SP 2012 CFP - Web 2.0 Security and Privacy 2012 Workshop Call for Papers

      On behalf of the workshop co-chairs and program chair, we would like to
      invite you participate in the 5th annual workshop on Web 2.0 Security
      and Privacy.  Started in 2007, this successful series of workshops has
      attracted participation from both academia and industry, and participants
      from around the world.

      W2SP is co-located with the IEEE Security & Privacy Symposium.

      Important Dates

      Paper submission deadline: March 2, 2012 (11:59pm US-PST)
      Workshop acceptance notification date: March 30, 2012
      Workshop date: Thursday, May 24, 2012
      Consult the workshop website (http://www.w2spconf.com) for the submission site URL.

      W2SP brings together researchers, practitioners, web programmers, policy makers,
      and others interested in the latest understanding and advances in the security and
      privacy of the web, browsers and their eco-system. We have had five years of successful
      W2SP workshops. This year, we will additionally invite selected papers to a special issue of the journal.

      W2SP is held in conjunction with the IEEE Symposium on Security and privacy, which
      will take place from May 20-23, 2012, at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco.
      W2SP will continue to be open-access: all papers will be made available on the
      workshop website, and authors will not need to forfeit their copyright.

      We are seeking both short position papers (2–4 pages) and longer papers
      (a maximum of 10 pages). The scope of W2SP 2012 includes, but is not limited to:

          Trustworthy cloud-based services
          Privacy and reputation in social networks
          Security and privacy as a service
          Usable security and privacy
          Security for the mobile web
          Identity management and psuedonymity
          Web services/feeds/mashups
          Provenance and governance
          Security and privacy policies for composible content
          Next-generation browser technology
          Secure extensions and plug-ins
          Advertisement and affiliate fraud
          Measurement study for understanding web security and privacy

      Any questions should be directed to the program chair: mfredrik@....