[W2SP] Web 2.0 Security and Privacy 2011 Workshop - Call for Papers

  • Larry Koved
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2011

      On behalf of the workshop co-chairs and program chair, we would like to
      invite you participate in the 5th annual workshop on Web 2.0 Security
      and Privacy.  Started in 2007, this successful series of workshops has
      attracted participation from both academia and industry, and participants
      from around the world.

      W2SP is co-located with the IEEE Security & Privacy Symposium.

      Note: This year we plan to submit selected papers to a journal for publication.

      Call for Papers

      Web 2.0 Security and Privacy 2011 Workshop
      The Claremont Resort, Oakland, California
      Thursday, May 26, 2011

      http://w2spconf.com/2011/cfp.html

      Important Dates

      Paper submission deadline: March 25, 2011 (11:59pm US-PST)
      Workshop acceptance notification date: April 22, 2011
      Workshop date: Thursday, May 26, 2011

      W2SP brings together researchers, practitioners, web programmers, policy makers,
      and others interested in the latest understanding and advances in the security
      and privacy of the web, browsers and their eco-system. We have had four years
      of successful W2SP workshops. This year, we will additionally invite selected
      papers to a special issue of the journal.

      We are seeking both short position papers (2-4 pages) and longer papers
      (a maximum of 10 pages). The scope of W2SP 2011 includes, but is not limited to:

          * Trustworthy cloud-based services
          * Privacy and reputation in social networks
          * Security and privacy as a service
          * Usable security and privacy
          * Security for the mobile web
          * Identity management and psuedonymity
          * Web services/feeds/mashups
          * Provenance and governance
          * Security and privacy policies for composible content
          * Next-generation browser technology
          * Secure extensions and plug-ins
          * Advertisement and affiliate fraud
          * Measurement study for understanding web security and privacy

      Workshop Co-Chairs

          * Larry Koved (IBM Research)
          * Dan S. Wallach (Rice University)

      Program Chair

          * Helen J. Wang (Microsoft Research)

      Program Committee

          * Dirk Balfanz (Google)
          * Adam Barth (Google)
          * Dan Boneh (Stanford)
          * Suresh Chari (IBM Research)
          * Hao Chen (UC Davis)
          * Shuo Chen (MSR)
          * Collin Jackson (CMU)
          * Martin Johns (SAP Research)
          * Larry Koved (IBM Research)
          * Christopher Kruegel (UCSB)
          * Ben Livshits (MSR)
          * John C. Mitchell (Stanford University)
          * Charlie Reis (Google)
          * Thomas Roessler (W3C)
          * V.N. Venkatakrishnan (UI Chicago)
          * Dan S. Wallach (Rice University)