Re: The Module Tag

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 12, 2007
      --- In caplet@yahoogroups.com, David Hopwood <david.hopwood@...> wrote:

      > Actually this is not straightforward to implement because of the ability
      > to perform uncontrolled modification of prototypes in Javascript. If a
      > compartment is to be allowed to change the prototypes for object,
      String,
      > etc., then objects can't safely be shared between compartments [*].
      >
      > I consider this a language design flaw, BTW.

      Congratulations on discovering a design flaw in JavaScript.
      Welcome to my world.
    • Tyler Close
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 16, 2007
        On 7/12/07, David Hopwood <david.hopwood@...> wrote:
        > // Values without a JSON representation are ignored.
        >
        > This is broken; values without a JSON representation should cause an
        > exception.

        Actually, I'd prefer to pass in a function that is given the
        opportunity to convert the value to one that does have a JSON
        representation. For example, this feature could be used to export a
        web-key (capability URL) for the non-JSON values.

        Tyler

        --
        The web-calculus is the union of REST and capability-based security:
        http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/

        Name your trusted sites to distinguish them from phishing sites.
        https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/957/