Re: adsafe

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
      > I wonder what is the purpose to use here, if the function returns a true or false value what is actually not used?

      On some browsers, accessing the constructor style would return a function, which is not desirable, so an exception is raised instead.
    • Nagy Endre
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
        I mean calling the reject_name function with a name it returns true or false.
        For instance if I call reject_name('constructor') than i will get true because the constructor it's on the banned list,
         but I don't see how this throw an exception when it's called this way:

                        reject_name(name);

        and this is a function:

        function reject_name(name) {
                return banned[name] ||
                        ((typeof name !== 'number' || name < 0) &&
                        (typeof name !== 'string'  || name.charAt(0) === '_' ||
                        name.slice(-1) === '_'     || name.charAt(0) === '-'));
            }

        Should' t need something like:
             if (reject_name(name)) {
                 throw('..');
            }
        ?

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
          --- In caplet@yahoogroups.com, Nagy Endre <forewer2000@...> wrote:

          > I mean calling the reject_name function with a name it returns true or false.
          > For instance if I call reject_name('constructor') than i will get true because
          > the constructor it's on the banned list,
          > but I don't see how this throw an exception when it's called...

          Quite right. Thank you very much.