Re: [cap-talk] w3c tag discuss ocaps, webkeys, ADsafe and Caja

  • Bill Frantz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
      erights@... (Mark Miller) on Monday, January 5, 2009 wrote:

      >The w3c Technical Architecture Group (TAG) discuss ocaps for the web starting at
      >http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/12/10-minutes#item03

      For me, the highlight was, "Crockford says add a switch in Firefox to
      disable non-adSafe ads". If this feature gets adopted, and used, we'll see
      an overnight change in Javascript style. :-)

      Cheers - Bill

      Bill Frantz | When it comes to the world | Periwinkle
      (408)356-8506 | around us, is there any choice | 16345 Englewood Ave
      www.pwpconsult.com | but to explore? - Lisa Randall | Los Gatos, CA 95032
    • Tyler Close
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
        At the end of the minutes, it looks like the TAG is casting about for
        a next step. One useful step would be to consider amending the
        web-arch document's discussion of access-control:

        http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#id-access

        The access-control section is at odds with the core architectural
        principles set forth in the web-arch document. These contradictions
        are the main topic of my web-key paper:

        http://waterken.sourceforge.net/web-key/

        Resolving the inconsistencies in the TAG's current public stance on
        access-control might make it easier to adopt alternate solutions like
        the web-key.

        --Tyler