w3c tag discuss ocaps, webkeys, ADsafe and Caja

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
      The w3c Technical Architecture Group (TAG) discuss ocaps for the web starting at
      http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/12/10-minutes#item03

      teaser sample:
      'DO: SW and I got invloved in this spec a while ago.... We tried to
      push them to Tyler approach. We got pushback. Then they decided to do
      usecases and reqmnts. Stuart and I looked at their docs and asked
      "what does the algorithm do"? If we got enough people in WG that
      wanted something different we could get something done. Need to muster
      support for a coherent position.'

    • Bill Frantz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
        erights@... (Mark Miller) on Monday, January 5, 2009 wrote:

        >The w3c Technical Architecture Group (TAG) discuss ocaps for the web starting at
        >http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/12/10-minutes#item03

        For me, the highlight was, "Crockford says add a switch in Firefox to
        disable non-adSafe ads". If this feature gets adopted, and used, we'll see
        an overnight change in Javascript style. :-)

        Cheers - Bill

        Bill Frantz | When it comes to the world | Periwinkle
        (408)356-8506 | around us, is there any choice | 16345 Englewood Ave
        www.pwpconsult.com | but to explore? - Lisa Randall | Los Gatos, CA 95032
      • Tyler Close
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
          At the end of the minutes, it looks like the TAG is casting about for
          a next step. One useful step would be to consider amending the
          web-arch document's discussion of access-control:

          http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#id-access

          The access-control section is at odds with the core architectural
          principles set forth in the web-arch document. These contradictions
          are the main topic of my web-key paper:

          http://waterken.sourceforge.net/web-key/

          Resolving the inconsistencies in the TAG's current public stance on
          access-control might make it easier to adopt alternate solutions like
          the web-key.

          --Tyler