Fwd: ES3.1 Draft: 07 Nov 2008 "Kona" version available

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2008
      The EcmaScript 3.1 draft standard is rapidly congealing towards an official standard. The Kona version at <http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=es3.1:es3.1_proposal_working_draft> is the important one -- details aside, the only remaining significant unsettled controversy is whether Decimal remains or is pulled from ES3.1.

      If you see any significant issues with the Kona version that need fixing, please give us your feedback now, or post to the es*-discuss lists. After the Nov 19/20 meeting, we are hoping to change only typos, bugs, and problems revealed by implementation efforts.

      We are quite proud of this draft. Given the maze of bizarre legacy compatibility constraints, I'm amazed at how well we've been able to improve on ES3. The JavaScript language is about to get a lot better.