Fwd: [cap-talk] The Caplet Group

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Mark Miller <erights@...>
      Date: Jun 30, 2007 3:14 PM
      Subject: Re: [cap-talk] The Caplet Group
      To: "General discussions concerning capability systems."
      <cap-talk@...-os.org>
      Cc: douglas@...

      On 6/29/07, Kevin Reid <kpreid@...> wrote:
      > On Jun 18, 2007, at 12:14, Douglas Crockford wrote:
      [... as previously quoted...]

      My sense is that there may be a significant number of people who 1)
      are interested enough in various browser security problems that can be
      addressed by in-browser language-based object-capabilities, including
      mashup and crippled web-app problems, but 2) are not interested enough
      in general object-capability issues to join cap-talk. Even if they did
      join, the occasional large volume on cap-talk would, I suspect, cause
      too many of them to stop paying attention, when they might continue to
      pay attention to a more focused discussion.

      Since the proposed mechanisms will be specific to language-based
      object-capabilities, e-lang would be more plausible than cap-talk
      anyway, and e-lang does have a much lower volume lately. However, I
      would have the same concern: That the occasional flurry of discussion
      about issues not relevant to browser security might lose the attention
      of this audience.