Re: [Caja] eval() in FF3 - just in case...

  • brendaneich
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2008
      --- In caplet@yahoogroups.com, "Mark S. Miller" <erights@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:44 AM, Mario Heiderich
      > <Mario.Heiderich@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > http://peter.michaux.ca/article/8069
      > >
      > > Just in case this is not known/intercepted yet.
      >
      > Wow. No, we had no idea.

      I reply-all'ed since Mark cc'ed me, but I was not a member of the
      caplet@yahoogroups.com list so the message bounced off that address.
      Here's the caja-discuss link:

      http://groups.google.com/group/google-caja-discuss/msg/ead8d8597a22c013

      /be
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2008
        On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan@...> wrote:
        > There's no "now" -- this old eval extension was added over ten years ago:
        >
        > http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsblame.cgi?file=/mozilla/js/src/jsobj.c&rev=3.2&mark=580-590

        Hi Brendan, I was completely unaware of this history and did indeed
        think that this was a newly opened hole. I'm very pleased to find that
        it isn't. I'm especially pleased to hear that you folks plan to remove
        this in a future release. Thanks for the clarification!