Re: [caplet] False Alarm (was: Testing whether something is a function)

  • Adam Barth
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2007
      > I now see that <http://ejohn.org/apps/adsafe/valueOf.html> first loads
      > the Prototype library by doing <script src="prototype.js"></script>.
      > Prototype defines bind() as:
      >
      > Object.extend(Function.prototype, {

      This does point out how easy it is for a web site using ADsafe to
      accidentally give away its security by modifying the prototype of
      Object (and possibly other objects). This is probably obvious to
      Doug, but something I hadn't realized until now. It's probably worth
      a note at the bottom of www.adsafe.org. Also, is there a way for the
      ADsafe library (maybe in a "debug mode") to do a sanity check to see
      whether the web developer has screwed this up?