Interesting quote

  • Alan Karp
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2007
      From an article in "SOA Advisor" titled "Enterprise Web 2.0, SOA Linkage: Will lack of standards be a hindrance?" by Srinivas Padmanabhuni of InfoSys.  (If you promise not to ask why I'm reading SOA Advisor, I promise not to tell you.)

      'The first trend we observe is a maturing of mashups, the killer apps moving from the first generation data aggregation focus to more mature enterprise-oriented mashups Serena Mashup Composer and like products are giving a new spin to mashups by evolving the paradigm of "business mashups." These mashups are focused on business-centric process and logic functions including enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management (SCM) and customer relationship management (CRM) applications.'

      Such mashups will make clear the need for better security.

      --
      Alan Karp