Interesting quote

  • Alan Karp
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2007
      From an article in "SOA Advisor" titled "Enterprise Web 2.0, SOA Linkage: Will lack of standards be a hindrance?" by Srinivas Padmanabhuni of InfoSys.  (If you promise not to ask why I'm reading SOA Advisor, I promise not to tell you.)
      'The first trend we observe is a maturing of mashups, the killer apps moving from the first generation data aggregation focus to more mature enterprise-oriented mashups Serena Mashup Composer and like products are giving a new spin to mashups by evolving the paradigm of "business mashups." These mashups are focused on business-centric process and logic functions including enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management (SCM) and customer relationship management (CRM) applications.'

      Such mashups will make clear the need for better security.

      Alan Karp