64Re: ADsafe, Take 3

  • collin_jackson
    Oct 3, 2007
      I am concerned about browser differences in the handling of null bytes
      (and other special characters).

      Example: http://crypto.stanford.edu/jsonrequest/nullbyte.html

      The Adsafe checks pass on Firefox, and the code is harmless. On IE,
      the checks fail, and the code is dangerous. If you only checked the
      script on Firefox but the visitor viewed it in IE, you'd have a
      problem.

      Another concern is that if the code is copy-pasted from Notepad to the
      browser, the null byte may be converted to a space, so JSLint won't
      detect it. Is there a better way to feed code to JSLint other than
      copy paste?

      --- In caplet@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@...> wrote:

      > --- In caplet@yahoogroups.com, "collin_jackson" <collinj@> wrote:
      > >
      > > /*@cc_on alert("Conditional compilation considered harmful"); @*/