321Re: [caplet] Growing ADsafe for larger apps?

    May 24, 2010
      2010/5/24 adam.kumpf <adam.kumpf@...>

      I've been interested in ADsafe for a few months now as a potential way to allow 3rd parts apps to work within a safe sandbox.

      However, since ADsafe fundamentally began as a sandbox for safe advertisement (which nicely extends to apps), are there specific things that you would handle differently if the focus was full-scale web applications?

      Said differently, would it be worthwhile to create a derivative framework (for example, APPsafe) specific for webapps? What would its main differences be? Or is it really all the same thing and we'd be better off just having an add-on library that provides some additional glue for hooking up rich web apps within ADsafe?

      The reason I ask is because I have found it somewhat difficult to make simple ADsafe apps that uses current web rendering/layout technologies (such as drawing to a canvas or easily animating CSS properties). I'm excited about the potential of ADsafe, but I'm not clear about its intended scale (ads, widgets, entire sites, an ADsafe browser OS, etc).

      Keep up the great work!

      Caja ( http://code.google.com/p/google-caja/ ) is meant for larger scale apps.  It does not currently tame canvas, but it does deal with most of CSS 2.1 and parts of CSS 3.

      Thanks,