Re: [capeverdeFORUM] Brava Medical

  • Richard Leary
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
      New Bedford is fertile ground for getting support for this project. Or at least raising awareness about it. As reported previously, editor of the Standard-Times (www.s-t.com ) has expressed great interest in project as described in Metelits initial "challenge" message. Standard-Times has been outstanding over at least the last ten years in covering all things CV. Of course they are limited by the information they are able to get or that is provided to them. As are we.

      I will be informing the S-T editors that, at this time, there is no point in a story on this project as (1) there is really  only a general goal that has been defined (in the Metelits posting); (2) there is no organization that exists yet to address this, nor even a critical mass of interest; (3) other than Traudi Coli's message, there has been no other interest expressed (you all saw the extensive email distribution that my emails went to, in addition to the Forum distribution); (4) no word yet from Brava doctor with more information about what he is looking for and how we might help.

      I certainly am willing to help. However, I am averse to once again engaging in acts of futility/absurdity. I'd like to know where we are supposed to go from here, given no communications yet from, or contact with, the people we are supposed to be helping. Who we are told have better Internet connections in Brava than I have here in my house. Of course speed and connectivity are irrelevant if they are not being used.

      Richard Leary

      p.s. - technical question. how big is a typical medical image(s) that would be transmitted from Brava clinic? What would be the number of messages and associated file sizes associated with a a typical complete diagnostic consultation (from initial message to final message and all messages in between) between Brava and counterpart(s) in US?