press release

  • Mercedes Monteiro
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2003
      PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE
      May 5, 2003

      For Immediate Release--For further information:

      Mercedes Monteiro, Heritage Program Coordinator
      R.I. Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission
      222-4133
      # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

      The Cape Verdean Subcommittee of the RIHP & HC is looking for Cape Verdean artists and/or crafters to showcase their talent at the 28th Cape Verdean Festival at India Point Park in Providence, RI on Sunday July 6, 2003. We are also looking for dance groups to perform traditional dances.
      For more information please call Mercedes Monteiro 401 -222-4133

      The Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission is the state office for historic preservation and heritage programs. The Commission is responsible for developing and carrying out programs to document, support, and celebrate the rich cultural heritage of Rhode Island's people. The Commission also is Rhode Island's statewide historic preservation program, which identifies and protects historic buildings, districts, and archaeological sites.

      Mercedes A. Monteiro
      RI Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission
      150 Benefit Street
      Providence, RI 02903
      P: 401-222-4133
      F: 401-222-2968