Re: [capeverdeFORUM] President Pires' Pursuit

  • Ken Ramos
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      Very brief and simple! The CV community in New Bedford is being dissolved by prospectors, the land is being bought out from under our feet. The same will occur on the islands with the USA on a rampage to dominate world economics. One of the most critical elements is control over tele-communications and the media. Need I say more?

      Richard Leary <rleary@...> wrote: 1. Does "A Luta Continua?" Does the struggle continue? If so, how is the
      struggle now defined and waged?

      2. On the whole, has European investment and development to date in Cabo
      Verde been a positive or negative thing?

      3. Should the telecommunications sector in Cabo Verde be owned by
      foreigners?

      4. What is the government's position regarding energizing and legitimizing
      the Kriol dimension of society, particularly the Kriolu language?

      5. Do Cabral's ideas have any influence over the development of domestic and
      foreign policy, including educational and cultural policy, particularly the
      concepts of a "Return to the Source" and "Culture as a Weapon?"

      6. Should Cabo Verde not be shifting more towards the US and away from
      Portugal in matters of cultural and economic exchange, and politicial
      affiliation?

      7. How has your politics and philosophy changed over the years? What can
      Cabo Verde realistically hope to achieve over the next 50 years, and how
      will it do that? What meaning does such a question have for you?

      8. How can the established Capeverdean American community and American
      friends of Cape Verde and Cape Verde more effectively and meaningfully work
      together, beyond the periodic symbolic exchanges of friendship and good
      wishes?